Combined study and practice residencies for engineers from developing countries
EUSMAT has been selected by the DAAD in the last application round to host students in the field of Materials Science and Engineering. Thus, combined study and practice residencies for engineers from Argentina, Colombia and Mexico can be done in our university, the Saarland University in Germany, sponsored by DAAD.
Students of materials science, materials engineering, physics, chemistry and related disciplines from selected universities from Argentina, Colombia and Mexico can apply to a 12-month study and internship stay at the Saarland University in Germany.
Activities of hosting university (UdS) include:
- Mentoring measures
- Language courses
- Professional support (e.g. support in finding an internship and career counseling, etc.)
- Socio-cultural support (e.g. excursions on regional studies and specialized excursions, intercultural training, etc.)
- Organizational support in Germany
Benefits for selected students:
- Lectures and project work with research activities
- Independent use of very modern research equipment
- Cooperation with industry
- Internships in industrial companies
1. Integration Week (2nd week in October):
Intercultural communication, excursions, visit to research institutions, Job Application Training.
2. Semester at the university (October – March): Language courses, academic communication (3 ECTS)
– Option A: Lectures from the broad catalogue of the faculty (usually 27 ECTS)
– Option B: Lectures (usually 15 ECTS) combined with project work at a faculty department (12 ECTS)
– Option C: Project work, which can also be recognised as a thesis at the home university (27 ECTS).
3. Career planning and networking: 2-day event at the end of March, together with the local Jung-DGM group.
– Career planning and competence analysis
– Excursions in industry
4. Internship semester in industry or in a research centre (April – August)
Application is organized directly at the home university, please contact international offices of your university to get more information on the application procedure.
Please consult the following list of universities in Latinamerica participating in the KOSPIE program: daad.de/go/pf57600058 (File can be found under “Anlage 3: Partnerliste”)
Further information regarding application can be found at the DAAD-Scholarship database by inserting your status and discipline or the word “KOSPIE” in the following links: