Studying in Barcelona
Students must deliver a copy of the European Health Insurance Card or international medical insurance upon arrival.
As far as long-term accommodation is concerned, there are two main options in Barcelona:
- Staying at a residence hall (price: a single room with a kitchen costs 400 – 750 € per month).
- Staying in a shared flat with other students (the average price is around 300 – 400 € per month for a single room).
Here you can find a list of useful websites for both options:
- resa.es ; This company has a residence hall on the campus, which is called Torre Girona.
- Barcelona Housing Service for students
C/ Torrent de l’Olla, 219
08012 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 93 238 90 72
Monthly living expenses
Count on using approximately 700-800 € in Barcelona per month. Remember, personal lifestyles cause this to vary.
- Accommodation: Approx. 350 – 500 € in a shared flat
- Food: Grocery shopping approx. 200 €
- Lunch at university: 8 €
- Lunch menu in the city centre: 12-20 €
- 10-trip bus and metro travel card: 9,95 € (1 zone)
- Cinema ticket: 9 €
- Don’t forget to include the costs of personal expenses such as cosmetics, clothes, phone, books etc.